Sandi Larkin, Hobart TrenDIY's talented Interior Designer, indentifies 8 gorgeous and refreshing colour trends which she believes will take centre stage in home decor this year. They are as follows:
1. black and white will feature strongly, accented by the renewal of a strong, almost primary, colour.
2. Pink, in all its tones, from Barbie pink through to muddy nudes will be a popular choice this year.
3. 70's Harvest Gold reinvented into Tumeric, and strong acid yellow blending into Chartreuse will also start to make its way into people's homes this year.
4. Klien blue, a strong primary like blue, will be a popular choice with gold accents.
5. Avo green, but leaning more towards the sage and celery like colours.
6. Burgundy Wine Red, adding vintage glamour.
7. Teal & Turquoises, a fast growing trend, creates an interesting and dramatic backdrop, and looks fabulous in rich deep velvets.
8. And lastly violet, which creates an interesting moody glamour.