Every year Pantone announces a colour of the year - a symbolic colour selection and a colour snapshot of what they see taking place in our global culture that serves as an expression of a mood and an attitude.
The colour of the year for 2017 was announced to be ‘greenery’. Even though this shade might not be everyone’s cup of tea there is definitely a shade of green that could appeal to you.
Plascon’s ‘Cape Cliffs’ green is a magical colour that almost incorporates shades of blues. It is a deep, rich green that makes a feature wall pop and pairs very well with the ever popular ‘Dried Leaf’ colour. This colour is an off-white - neither grey, nor beige nor anything else. It is a lovely colour to add if you are looking for a lighter wall colour option.
Painting a room
What you will need
- Paint brush
- Roller tray
- 5l PlasconVelvaglo ‘Cape Cliffs’
- 5l Plascon Velvaglo ‘Dried Leaf’
- Drop sheets
- Masking tape
*Remember that you might need more or less of the quantities specified depending on the size of the room / area being painted.
Steps to painting interior walls
- Preparation is key –Cover up the ground using drop sheets and move items that you want to protect into other rooms. Cordon off the ceiling, cornicing and skirtings with some masking tape.
- Prepare the wall surface – dust the walls for cobwebs and other particles, you might even want to wipe all dark marks from the wall using a mild soap with water. Allow the walls to dry completely before starting to paint.
- Painting – Read the instructions on the tin thoroughly. It’s a good idea to do all the brush work first before making use of the roller. Use a brush to paint the outer edges of the wall where it is hard for the roller to reach. Apply the first coat of paint using a roller that will give you the finish you desire eg: rough or smooth. Always paint in a well-ventilated area, making sure that all the windows and doors are open.
- Inspect your work – After completing the painting take a step back to see whether you have covered the whole surface area. You might have to repeat step 3 again once or twice to ensure a perfect finish.
All the items used for this make-over are available from your closest TrenDIY store. There are also experts in-store that will be able to assist with any questions you might have. TrenDIY stocks the full range of Plascon products and will be able to assist with colour charts of the paints available.