04 Sep 2017
Do you ever end up with scraps of paper lying around with your all-important to do lists? For many people if the list is not visible, it will never get done. Having a chalkboard to write up your to do list on is a perfect solution. Not only is it practical, but it can be pretty and versatile too! When you’re organized and have finished your to do list, use your board as a welcome sign, a labeled platter or even a simple doodle board.
What you will need:
1. Wood, any size
2. Selection of paint colours for background (Rustoleum chalked paint used here)
3. Rustoleum Clear Chalkboard Finish
4. Sponge or paintbrush
5. Painter’s tape or Masking Tape
1. Make sure that your wood surface is clean and dust free. Paint the full board with your first colour and leave to dry.
2. Once dry, use painter’s tape to mark off your first section. Gently paint on your second colour and allow to dry.
3. Repeat Step 2 with your third colour.
4. Once all the colour layers are dry, cover with an even layer of Rustoleum Clear Chalkboard Finish. Allow to dry and then apply a second coat.
5. Allow the coated board to dry for three days and then rub it with the side of a piece of chalk. Gently wipe off all excess chalk with a tissue or dry cloth.
6. Your board is now ready to use!
All the items used for this DIY are available from your closest TrenDIY store. There are also experts in-store that will be able to assist with any questions you might have.
To revitalise your outdoor space
New Year. New Beginnings. New Kitchen Trends.
Skirtings are an attractive feature in any room and are v...
Sign up for our latest décor and DIY news, tips and techniques.
Sign up for our latest decor and DIY news, tips and techniques.